2007年12月6日木曜日

My family relationship

In Japan, it seems that a composition of typical family is like a father, mother and two children. We can often see four-member family in drama. My family is also four-member family.
In my family, both father and mother have a job. Therefore, I’ve been a latchkey child since I was 6-year-old. After all members of family came back home from work or school, we ate dinner together. We spent together until we slept. However, as children (me and my sister) grew up, time which all family member spend together had become lessened.
In these days, I eat dinner outside with my friends and go home after my parents went to bed, and in the morning, I wake up after they left for a job. So we don’t meet or talk so much. In my family, we don’t have much relationship.
My mother didn’t care about my school works, such as homework, examination and so on. She has a noninterference policy which is good for me. I don’t talk so much about school works with my father. Moreover, my sister haven’t come back home for more than half a year.
I’m not sure that this is a typical Japanese family or not, but many university students in Japan don’t often go home. How about American university students? Do they communicate with their family often?

0 件のコメント: